Thursday, January 6, 2011

Random Things About Me You Probably Don't Want to Know but I'll Post Anyway

I just cleaned up my Christmas decorations TODAY. Huzzah!

After playing the Ghost of Christmas Past in "A Christmas Carol" my son started saying "huzzah" all the time, and it's contagious.

I can't stand sitting/laying on bumpy surfaces, like an unmade bed or a bunched up blanket on the couch. My husband laughs at me when I get out of bed so I can remake it to get back in.

My family calls me "Coldilocks." Isn't 80 degrees everyone's comfort zone?

I handle lack of sleep as well as a toddler. I don't need my beauty sleep, I need my not-snap-everyone's-head-off sleep.

I don't like ice in my water. Room temperature, baby!

I close one eye when I put on blush. I don't know why.

I also put one hand on my hip when I brush my teeth. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Kidlet #2 once told me he falls asleep best to the clicking sound of the computer keyboard. I didn't know my writing habit would become his lullaby.

I am a human static electricity conductor. I shock at least one of my children every day when I kiss them goodnight.

I hate the smell of crispy scrambled eggs. You know, when they start to go brown in the pan? *gag*

I think green peppers taste like laundry detergent. (Don't tell me you've never accidentally inhaled the little powdery particles while doing laundry!)

I like to play in the dirt. Since I'm a grown up now, it's called "gardening."

I am solar powered. Cloudy days make me sluggish.

I love to sing along with songs in the car.

I haven't been able to get the song "Grenade" by Bruno Mars out of my head for over a week.

I love, love thigh-high boots. (But I don't actually own a pair.)


That's probably enough randomness about me. I dare you to share a random tidbit about yourself in the comments. (You own thigh-high boots, don't you?)

6 comments:

David J. West said...

I don't own thigh high boots.

AND

I love shouting "HUZZAH" for any concievable reason.

WindyA said...

I would LOVE a pair of thigh high boots. But I am a bit on the short/stumpy side and I think it could look mildly awkward. So I have settled for knee high instead. Knee high stiletto boots :)

Krista said...

I think it's funny you close one eye to put on blush. I MUST have my mouth open when I put on mascara. Silly girls.

Valerie Ipson said...

The boots look like they kill...literally.

I checked out the song link and love it.

Jolene Perry said...

Huzzah is one of my favorite all time words.
No. I do not own a pair of thigh high boots. I watched Pretty Woman and just can't go there...

Jenn said...

I want to see you in a pair of thigh high boots.

I understand solar powered, so much so that I want to collect every song ever written about that so I can sing them when the sun is out and mourn when it's not. Then I want to write my own (even though I don't write songs).

Sorry for the long comment. I can hardly resist. Another thing we have in common...on a sister's trip to NYC I nearly stopped walking the streets of New York so that I could pout and have a tantrum like a baby because it was after 11pm. I really wanted to throw myself on the ground and refuse to go any further.