Thursday, September 30, 2010

Writing! Links! For! You!

There are loads of good things out there for writer-types on the intranets lately. Here are some I found particularly worth reading.

On Pitching (not baseball)

11 Questions for Crafting a Pitch by agent Rachelle Gardner

The Last Thing An Agent Wants to Hear From You on Storyfix.com


On the Craft of Writing


12 Dos and Don'ts for Introducing your Protagonist on Anne R. Allen's blog

250 Chances (or the importance of a strong opening for your book--and tips on what NOT to open with) on author Janice Hardy's blog

How do you HOOK a Reader? Understand Great Beginnings by Kristen Lamb

5 Things A Writers Always Overlooks: chaos, lag, flab, overkill and anticlimax. by Victoria Mixon

Middle Grade Vs. Young Adult on the Invincible Summer blog

5 editor’s secrets to help you write like a pro on Remarkable Communication

Conflict--Why Should We Care by Nicola Morgan

Inception's 4 Rules for Ultimate Influence by Jeff Sexton
**I put this on because I loved Inception so much. Brilliant layered storytelling! I left the theater thinking, How can I do that? Of course, the group we were with gave me that "Oh she's just doing the crazy writer thing" once I started talking about playing with multiple yet simultaneous time lines.

"Leonardo Di Caprio looked nice," one of them said.

"Oh. I didn't notice," I replied.



So there are just a few things to keep you busy for the next hour. Did I miss any good posts you came across?

3 comments:

Yamile said...

Awesome links, Jaime. Thanks. I printed out a bunch.

Jenn Johansson said...

Awesome links! I'm excited to go check them out. Happy birthday tomorrow girly! :)

warriorwriters said...

A belated thanks for the trackback. Great list of blogs you have here and thanks for taking the time to proved great resources.

Kristen Lamb