Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reclaiming My Groove

One of my favorite animated movies is The Emperor's New Groove.

If you haven't seen it then you need to remedy that. Like, today.

In the beginning of the movie, the Emperor Kuzco is dancing around his palace with all his attendants as backup dancers/singers. He collides with a tottering old man and the music screeches to a halt. Exasperated, Kuzco says, "D'oh! You threw off my groove!"

A beefy guard steps up to the old man and says, "I'm sorry, but you've thrown off the Emperor's groove." The old man is then thrown out of the palace window.

I haven't had a collision with an old man, but life has thrown off my groove recently. I love summer, with the warm weather and long hours of sunlight, the hiking, biking, and running, and the swimming, but summer throws off my groove.

I'm gathering up my attendants and inner rhythm to reclaim my groove. Soon I'll be back to writing, blogging, and some of those other groovy things that have slipped lately. And if I break out in a spontaneous Riverdance once in a while, then so be it.

3 comments:

LeishaMaw said...

Spontaneous Riverdancing to regain your groove sounds excellent. I may do a jig right now. Bring on the groove.

Patti said...

I think summer has a tendancy to do that to everyone, fortunately the warm sun and longer days help.

Angie said...

One of my all time favorite movies! Good luck getting your groove back, but summer stuff is fun too.