Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Top 10 Ways to Cyberslack

You know you should be writing/working/cleaning, but you're on the computer looking for ways to procrastinate. You are officially cyberslacking. And that's okay with me. Let me help you out.

Top 10 Ways to Cyberslack

10. Go through your email inbox. If it's like mine, then there are over 1000 old emails that should either be organized into folders or deleted. This has the benefit of feeling "productive" while you procrastinate.

9. Play with falling sand.

8. Comment on every friend's status on facebook.

7. Clean your computer keyboard. With or without compressed air or Q-tips. Or both.

6. Read a whole bunch of blogs. Comment like mad. Visit the blogs of the other commenters. Comment on them. Repeat.

5. Compulsively check email. Every 5 minutes should do.

4. Clean the shower. Visit sites that are crammed with free online games. Armor Games is a favorite at our house, especially the game Feed Me, where you can be the waitress at a zombie fast food joint.

3. Watch funny Lady Gaga spin offs, like this Librarian Interpretation of Pokerface and one of of my new favorites, "Bananaphone."

2. Twitter. (No elaboration needed.)

1. Write a blog post on ways to procrastinate.

3 comments:

Stephanie McGee said...

ROFL. My favorite is online logic puzzles. When I'm working at my desk, I keep my wireless mouse turned on and connected. Then every so often, when I feel the words slowing to a trickle, I pop over to my favorite site and play through a couple of them.

Procrastination is the bane of my existence.

One Cluttered Brain said...

oh my!! You hit the nail on the head with EVERY single one!!
Yup, it IS so easy to cyberslack...

*sigh*

Especially when your novel is ON the computer and when you are typing you are only one window away from the internet.

Tsk. Tsk.

I LOVE the website design changes!
Good JOB!

prashant said...

Procrastination is the bane of my existence.
Banner Advertising Network India