Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Handwriting - a poem

I had a different blog post planned for today, but I had to put it aside for this little gem. During the summer I make my kidlets do schoolwork, stuff like math, reading, and handwriting. Today for his daily handwriting assignment, Kidlet #2 (a.k.a Turbo) wrote a poem.

Handwriting
by Turbo Theler

Handwriting O handwriting,
I hate you, you stink!
I wish I could wash you away in the sink.

Handwriting O handwriting,
I hate you, you stink!
I'd rather take baths with a man-eating shark,
Or pet ten porcupines,
Than wrestle the handwriting my mother assigns.

Handwriting O handwriting,
I hate you, you stink!
I wish I could wash you away in the sink.
Handwriting O handwriting,
I hate you, you stink!

It's actually quite catchy.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Jamie- I'm Matthew Buckley's wife, and he forwarded this to us because it fits! We have handwriting 'issues' here at our home too, and are about to start some summer handwriting fun! Awesome poem, and I bet the handwriting is awesome too!

One Cluttered Brain said...

oh i love it!! it reminds me of Shel silverstein.

your kidlet is brilliant!

Crystal Liechty said...

What a brilliant little boy! Love it!!

Lori-ann said...

That is absolutely awesome! He did a good job with the poem as it's pretty inventive. I bet you just died laughing! And hey - when did you change blog formats? I would love to mess around with mine too. :)

prashant said...

Awesome poem, and I bet the handwriting is awesome too!
Banner Advertising Network India