Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break Epiphanies

  • Spring Break is not conducive to blogging, writing, or anything you have to concentrate on for more than 3 minutes at a time.
  • Even if it's snowing, my kidlets will still run outside in their socks.
  • Snow on Spring Break is wrong. Just wrong.
  • We are the most boring Spring Break family ever. We stayed home, unlike 2/3 of the neighborhood.
  • When 2/3 of the neighborhood is out of town, there aren't very many kids for mine to play with.
  • Apparently, not everyone thinks getting up at 5:00 a.m. to exercise during Spring Break is a great idea.
  • It is physically impossible for my children to simply brush their teeth; something about the small bathroom and the chemical makeup of toothpaste makes them fight. Every. Single. Time.
  • In theory, I planned to make time for writing this week. *laughing hysterically*
  • I wish Hollywood would lay off the 3D already. Yes, it's cool, but not for every movie.
  • I want a dragon of my own. And a viking helmet.
  • If I don't have time to watch a 1 hour TV show, then I don't have time to watch a 40 minute DVRed TV show.
  • I refuse to let my Google Reader or DVR make me feel guilty.

Wishing you all a happy Spring Break if you're on it. If not, have a happy day anyway! Don't forget to submit your suggestions for my Mad Libs. I'll post them next week.

2 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

I want my own dragon too. Toothless is my preference because he's just so darn clever. My hubby wants one of the tiny ones.

Don't feel guilty. Just survive and then come back to us refreshed and revitalized. Like a good shampoo. ;)

Krista said...

With limited budget and being out in the middle of mountains, we gave ourselves one guideline for spring break. GO SOMEWHERE WARMER.
Last year we chose S. Dakota and Mt. Rushmore. 5 ft. of snow dumped on us. This year, we chose SLC, and though it was still chilly, it was warmer than home. Success!
Now we're back, and I don't know what we're going to do with the rest of our time. Hang in there!