Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Quotey Quotes

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. -- Douglas Adams

Some authors should be paid by the quantity NOT written. -- Anonymous

To write well, express yourself like common people, but think like a wise man. Or, think as wise men do, but speak as the common people do. -- Aristotle

Why do writers write? Because it isn't there. -- Thomas Berger

If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster. -- Isaac Asimov

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. -- Richard Bach

You know how it is in the kid's book world; it's just bunny eat bunny. -- Anonymous

Start in the morning, through to the evening
Dance like you’re the only one around
Move like you want it
Grove like you need it,
Dancing it up till the sun goes down
David Jordan, "Sun Goes Down" lyrics (Love this song! Random fact: I played percussion in jr. high & high school, so I love this on more than one level. Go on, give the song one minute and see if you're not tapping your toes.)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

You began and ended this post with quotes from one of my all time favourite authors! Love it!

L.T. Elliot said...

Excellent quotes. And you're right! That song is all kinds of toe-tapping fun.

Angie said...

Love the quotes! Thanks

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.