Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Word of the Week #86 - lacuna

lacuna - [luh-KYOO-nuh] - noun

Definition:
1. A blank space; a missing part; a gap.
2. (Biology) A small opening, depression, or cavity in an anatomical structure.

Usage:
I know my oldest child has been into my personal library when I go for a book and find a lacuna where it used to be.

*You may notice that the Word of the Week did not happen on Monday like normal. It will now be moving to Tuesdays on the Bookmom Musings blog. Or maybe Thursdays. But for now it's Tuesday until I change my mind. :)

6 comments:

Nisa said...

I have a lacuna in my work-in-progress... Sadly, it's no one's fault but my own. Haha!

I love these posts.

Elana Johnson said...

I have a lacuna in my head where my brain used to be. LOL!

Carolyn V. said...

Oh man, Elana took my thought. Now I have an lacuna where my comment should be. Oh well. Love the word. =)

David J. West said...

I love lacuna coil.

L.T. Elliot said...

I'm too tired to think up something for lacuna so assume it's in there somewhere and that I may have used it properly. =0

Julie Wright said...

elana stole my thought too! like the word. it's going in my WIP