Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting to Work

I'm now beginning revisions on that NaNoWriMo project I was so proud to finish last week. Some parts are so horribly bad they're "horribad." Or did I really write that? bad. And the answer is yes. Yes I did really write that ending where I summarized in one paragraph what should probably have been a whole scene and finished with "And they all lived happily ever after."

*cringe*

Here are a few thoughts about the process of revising my "horribad" manuscript, expressed in Motivational Posters:

(Or, in my case, you aren't being paid at all, yet.)

(I need to stock up on deodorant. Too bad it won't help the stinky parts of my story.)


(I'm crossing my fingers for the diamond.)

Anyone else dared to look at their rough drafts yet?

6 comments:

One Cluttered Brain said...

I have snuck a peek, but honestly it is December and I am just trying to make it to Christmas, Christmas cookies, cards and gifts to buy...stories to tell, family to spend time with it just doesn't leave much time for writing...I guess maybe I could squeeze in a couple of minutes--half hour into that for editing...

I like your word--horribad...Probably describes mine perfectly...I am making it a diamond...yeah that's it...:)

ElanaJ said...

I love despair.com!! Love that website! It's one of my faves. I especially like the blogging one. :)

L.T. Elliot said...

Hilarious "motivation" posters. And I haven't dared look at that first draft yet. I'm too worried I'll light my lappy on fire.

Bethany Wiggins said...

One of my favorite parts about writing is printing up a newly finished WIP and reading it for the first time, which is the beginning of editing. I think it is magic.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

ahh! I love the paragraph summaries. I do that *all the time*. Sometimes I don't even catch it until 3 or 4 drafts later. Great for expanding!

P.S. word verfication: herble. maybe that's like horribad.

ali said...

I love those posters! I love the little zings on there, cracked me up!