Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Book Review - Santa Maybe by Aubrey Mace


Dear Santa,

I've been a good girl this year. (Well . . . pretty good.) I have a nice life and there s only one thing that I really want one thing that s missing. If you happen to have an extra one lying around your workshop, I would really like a husband. I promise to take good care of him.

Love, Abbie


Now that Halloween is over I feel like I can realistically post reviews of Christmas books. And I was excited by the first Christmas book I've read for this season, which is Aubrey Mace's latest book, Santa Maybe. I really enjoyed the other book of hers that I read last year, Spare Change, so I settled in for some fun reading.

(And yes, per stupid FTC soon-to-be-enacted requirements, I did get a copy of the book from the author, so theoretically I could sell it and get rich--except I won't. I'm sure I'll somehow get taxed for that.)

Abbie was one of those girls that always fell in love, but after a series of relationships that never ended in happily ever after, Abbie decides it's not for her. Now Abbie owns a bakery and devotes her whole heart, soul, and time to her business. On Christmas Eve, a silly mood overtakes Abbie and she writes her note to Santa. The next morning she wakes up to find a man sleeping under her tree. He's not exactly wrapped up with a bow, but he is good-looking, intelligent, helpful, and has amnesia. As you can imagine, there are several fun directions that premise can go.

Santa Maybe is a light and fun read and definitely one I'd recommend for anyone suffering from holiday stress. Or for those not suffering from holiday stress. Or for those who are trying to ignore the holidays because they haven't even started thinking about Christmas even though their neighbors spent the weekend putting up Christmas lights. (Who, me?)

You can find out more about Aubrey Mace on her website or at her blog.

5 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

I just got this book in the mail recently (thanks to Melanie J.) and I'm excited to read it! =]

ali said...

What a fun sounding book! I'm not normally in to Christmas stories, nor romance particularly, but this one sounds fun.

Thanks Jaime!

Aubrey said...

Thanks, Jaime! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. And you don't have to worry about those Christmas lights/decorations until NaNoWriMo is over-- that's in the rules, right? :)

Laurie LC Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie LC Lewis said...

Thanks, Jaime! I love light holiday reads for exactly the reasons you mentioned, and this one caught my eye. I'll have to pick up a copy of Aubrey's cute book and settle down . . . right after I put up those pesky lights. . .