Thursday, October 29, 2009

Don't Always Trust the Squiggle Under the Word

The Spell Chequer

Owed Two A Spell Chequer


Eye halve a spelling chequer,
it came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques, four my revue,
miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
and weight four it two say,
Weather eye am wrong oar write
it shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid,
it nose bee fore two long.
And eye can put the error rite
it's rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased two no.
Its letter perfect awl the weigh,
my chequer tolled me sew.

**I wish I knew who originally wrote this so I could give credit, but I received it as an email.

9 comments:

One Cluttered Brain said...

So very funny!!! Is this yours or did you find it somewhere? So true, So true I'm afraid,

ali said...

Oh. My. Gawsh!! (said in my best Utah accent)

That was wicked funny.

L.O.V.E. it!

Georgia McBride said...

I love, love, love it. Thanks for making me laugh today.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Hilarious! Though I'm afraid if I show it to my kids they'll wonder what's wrong with it.

Heather Justesen said...

That's hilarious. Thanks for sharing, Jaime!

C. K. Bryant said...

So true, so true. It's even funnier when you think of me writing with pen in hand and can't remember how to spell a word. I seriously think for a split second that a little red squiggly will appear under the word. Sheesh, what is the world coming to?

Angie said...

Loooove it!

ElanaJ said...

LOVE this. I've seen it lots, of course, but it's still hilariously funny. Can something be hilariously funny? I suppose it can...

L.T. Elliot said...

Frickin' brilliant.