Wednesday, October 21, 2009

35 Questions of Horror

*scream!*

I've been tagged! Julie Wright - awesomely author and sweet woman full of flair - tagged me. (Pssst. Go visit her blog. And buy her books.)I get to answer her questions and tag some others. I hope these answers are at least mildly interesting to some of you.

And yes, I realize they're really not "35 Questions of Horror," but I'm trying to get in the Halloween mood since it's a week away. I might dig out some decorations, even.

1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse downstairs. Unless my husband is playing WordMole on it, because he doesn't have any games on his.
2. Your hair? In a ponytail - my normal do. Only today is extra wild from 2 hours of sitting in the wind watching flag football games. Only one more week. Yea! I'm a TV football fan, though my hubby would argue that "fan" is the wrong word. I walk through the room, check the score and cheer or commiserate as needed, let my hubby vent to me about a play or two, then walk out.
3. Your mother? Loves Hummers, Supercars, Hard Rock, and addictive computer games.
4. Your father? Is the only one who calls me "Minnie." And I wish I could remember where that nickname came from.
5. Your favorite food? Fruit. It's my chocolate (since I don't like chocolate) and my caffeine (since I don't like any caffeinated drinks).
6. Your dream last night?I can only remember that it involved someone my husband works with and his wife. Oh, and running because my hubby and this other guy just did a relay race down in Las Vegas. I am so jealous that I didn't get to go :(
7. Your favorite drink? Water. But if that doesn't count, then Fresca.
8. Your dream/goal? To write a book that other people will love so much that an agent will represent it, and it will get published, and I can rub elbows with famous authors and finally be cool. (Some of that answer was tongue in cheek, and some was true.) Oh, and to quit sticking my foot in my mouth so that I have to apologize because it came out all wrong. Oh, oh, and to not bark at my children like a drill sergeant. Is that too many?
9. What room are you in? The loft/study.
10. Your hobby? Exercising. (I know, pretty pathetic.)
11. Your fear? Disappointing myself.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy, healthy, and having helped several people. A writing career like I envision would also be nice.
13. Where were you last night? At flag football games, then in bed. I loove my bed. :)
14. Something you aren’t? Fancy.
15. Muffins? Sure. Bring them on! I like poppyseed, but not the ginormous ones from Costco, because really who can eat a whole one of those?!
16. Wish list item? Jeans that fit just right. They're either too big or too short or the waistband sticks out when I sit down or they make my butt look dumpy.
17. Where did you grow up? A little town called Fruita, Colorado.
18. Last thing you did? Took the kids through the spook alley at my husband's school for the Math Spooktacular night. We haven't seen much of my hubby the last couple weeks so I wanted to get a firsthand look at what was keeping him away. It was pretty cool.
19. What are you wearing? Jeans (long enough but a little too baggy), green shirt, fuzzy black sweatshirt, socks, white slippers that aren't so white on closer inspection...
20. Your TV? Yeah, I have a couple. I'm pretty sure they work because the rest of the family watches them.
21. Your pets? Do my 3 kids count?
22. Your friends? I like almost anybody, except for those guys that think they're God's gift to the world. I would often take them down a notch or two in high school. And I wonder why I had a less than stellar dating career... *seeing a connection*
23. Your life? Better than I ever thought it would be.
24. Your mood? Tired and mellow.
25. Missing someone? Often.
26. Vehicle? Kia Sedona. Yep, I sport the hottest of all cars - the minivan!
27. Something you’re not wearing? Ummmm. A wig? Face paint? A rainbow beanie? A chip on my shoulder?
28. Your favorite store? Saver's. I love the deals I find there. And maybe that's why I don't have a great pair of jeans, because they're all second hand.
29. Your favorite color? Green.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Earlier tonight when my oldest son was wrapped up head to toe in one of those Mexican woven blankets and was being goofy at the flag football game. He came up to me and told me he was a nomad and then collapsed on the ground in a heap under the blanket declaring he was a bum. LOL. You probably had to be there.
31. Last time you cried? Last week. It was probably a sappy commercial.
32. Your best friend? My husband.
33. One place that I go over and over? My happy place (think Happy Gilmore).
34. One person who emails me regularly? Tristi Pinkston, since we are putting together a writer's conference for 2010. It will be AWESOME!! (Just sayin') Tristi also makes me smile and comes up with phrases I will unashamedly steal, like frugalista. You can't tell me that's not a *fabulous* term.
35. Favorite place to eat? Some place with good Mexican food.


Wow! There were a lot of questions. Sorry if you're all snoozing now. I'm going to tag any of you that want to do this, because I'd like to learn more about you. Just leave me a comment saying you'll take the "35 Questions of Horror" challenge.

*scream*

1 comment:

L.T. Elliot said...

I hear you about the jeans and poppyseed muffins. Will I ever find a perfect fit for either of them?