Friday, September 4, 2009

Bits of Randomness

I am actually away right now running another one of those crazy 180 mile relay races. So here are a few random things to keep you entertained until I get back (or hobble back real slowly, most likely).

1. After making a huge pot of salsa, your hands smell like onions and garlic for *days* no matter how much or with what smell-good soap you wash them. (I don't even know if that's a grammatically correct sentence.)

2. Watch out for the Writer Flu that's going around. I don't know how much hand sanitizer will help you on this one. :)

3. The Axel F theme from Beverly Hills Cop is officially a classic song. My kids love it. Their friends love it. And the fact that my hubby & I know the song makes us rise a couple points on the "cool" meter (even if the original version we know isn't as good as the Crazy Frog version).

4. Just because you're over 70 doesn't mean you're helpless. Check out this article, "Dawn Fraser, 71 year-old Olympic champion, fights off attacker." You go, girl!

5. Here's a good post on 5 Tips for Making a Good Book Trailer by Abel Keough.

*I had full intentions to make a list of 10 random things, but I ran out of time. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Laughed at the first one! :)

Have a great weekend!

ElanaJ said...

Good luck in your relay!

L.T. Elliot said...

I so hear you about the garlic on the hands thing. *sigh*

You'll do wonderfully on your relay! Way to go, Jaime!