Thursday, August 20, 2009

Work in Progress... Thursday


Yes, I know it's supposed to be Work in Progress Wednesday, but this week we're going to do Work in Progress Thursday because yesterday was last-minute-scramble-to-get-everything-ready-and-have-the-most-fun-possible-without-killing-each-other-day-before-school-starts-Wednesday (or if you like acronyms, then LMSTGERAHTMFPWKEODBSSW). Let's just say it ended up involving lots of running around, karate, friends over, hiking, climbing rocks, sliding down a slippery rock in freeezing cold water, soccer practice, and Wipeout. You'll notice "computer" wasn't mentioned in that list. Hence the lack of a blog yesterday.

The word count for my WIP has been slowly inching forward because most of my progress has been in plotting and figuring out my story structure following the great stuff I told you about last week. And if you forgot or haven't read it, then you can click here to read about it on last WIP Wednesday (which actually was on Wednesday). So though things have been going slow lately, get ready for me to get SMOKING! Because today is the...

FIRST !!

DAY!!

OF SCHOOL!!


(And yes, I'm really *that* excited. All of my children are in school full day now.)

I got a little behind this summer, but I figure if I just write on school days then I can still reach my goal of finishing the rough draft by the end of September if I write 1645 words/day, which is 6.5 pages/day. I can do that! (Right?) *cracking knuckles*

But first I think I'm going to just sit on the couch, stare at the wall, and enjoy the silence for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Don said...

Yay, school!

We have to wait until Monday.

Christine Thackeray said...

I have until September 8th. Then I hope to get cracking again with actually writing.