Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Major Award!

Bookmom Musings has won a "major award!"


And no, it's not the "major award" from The Christmas Story. :)

It's the Superior Scribbler Award!
(You gotta love anything that includes the word superior!)

Awesome bootcamp attendee Jenn Johansson of the envious hair awarded it to me. *Sniff* I'd like to thank my husband for his unwavering support, my kids, my mom for giving me my first pen, Dell for my new computer that I love so very much, Comcast for their semi-consistent internet service...

*cough*

Anyway, here is the boring detail type informational stuff:

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

Here comes the hard part--awarding this on to 5 other people (who haven't already had the award). I'm going to pass on this "major award" to:

  • Deborah Talmadge for having the best pictures of dragons, being an awesome critique partner and willing to talk about all things writing, and having the courage to start over with major life goals. (And she's my mom - "Hi mom!")
  • Kelly Beeson of None of Your Beeswax for her funny blog that I read just to get in my daily allowance of laughter.
  • Graham Chops for being willing to review any and all books, for his big goals, and his wicked cool sword. (Now can I borrow it?) And for calling me one of his "peeps."
  • Kimberly VanderHorst for one of the most honest blogs around.
  • Kristi Stevens for her funny blogs. And she's a runner, too, (with a mega-inspirational story of how she started).

And because I want to shake things up, I'm going to give it to a sixth person. GASP!

  • Matthew Buckley of Chickens Don't Have Armpits. You can only imagine the hilarity over on that blog. He's pretty techno-savvy, too. And another budding runner. (You can do it!)
*Now don't say I never gave you anything! ;)

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Gee Thanks. How am I supposed to remember all that stuff to do? Be expecting a phone call. And I willll hunt you down.

er... uh--hem. Thank you Jaime. I'm so honored. Where's that list of former winners?

ElanaJ said...

Congrats!

Kimberly said...

I've been pouting all morning because we're headed home from our lovely vacation and I have to face reality again. But look here! Reality has a major award for me in it (and also, much laundry)! Woot! The day is lookin' up! Thank ya!

Jenn Johansson said...

haha :) Congratulations! Great picks!

L.T. Elliot said...

Congratualtions! And you are a superior scribbler!

Beeswax said...

Wowie! an award from a real author! Is very thrilling. am being serious. I hope this doesn't mean I have to start running. Because I won't. u can't make me!