Thursday, August 27, 2009

Discoveries!


I just discovered this really super-awesome thing called.. get ready... Google Reader!

I know I'm probably the last person on earth to finally use it, but now I can get to all of the blogs I want to read when I'm procrastinati... I mean, when I have spare time.

Because I try to be honest, I did peek at Google Reader months ago when a friend suggested it might be easier than my spreadsheet method to keep track of blogs, but I seriously didn't "look" at it until today. And yes, it's instant *heart*.

The orderliness! The rows! The columns! The lists! The capability to see all blogs and updates in one place and know what I've read and what I haven't! *swoon*

Another discovery is editor A. Victoria Mixon's site and her free hook critiques for the month of August. Excellent!

6 comments:

Lori-ann said...

I'll have to check it out - when I get a chance... hehe

Lady Glamis said...

You were keeping track of your blogs in a spreadsheet??? WOW! You're my kind of girl. I love spreadsheets, but blogging is so much easier with Reader. You can label things into folders (to read later and keep on file), you can organize blogs into folders, you can separate blogs between subscriptions and ones you're actually following, you can even make notes! It's like a really complicated amazing spreadsheet already organized and laid out - a dream come true!

I'm so glad you found Victoria's site. She is a treasure!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Google reader is new to me. But I did just discover iGoogle and now have it for my home page. :)

ElanaJ said...

Dude, I don't use a reader. I know I should, in fact I even have it set up. I go there when I want to search for something. I have, my, uh, second blog. And my dashboard.

But Google Reader is awesome. :)

Jenn said...

Google reader is my own personal newspaper. Well, that and facebook. That way I keep up with all the news I care about.

Victoria Mixon said...

Hi Jaime---

Thank you so much for your kind words and the link! Please feel free to drop by any time. Lady Glamis is a wonderful contributor to the ongoing conversation!

I'm just finishing the August special up today, so there'll be a few new ones in a little bit.

best,
Victoria