Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Aw shucks, another bloggy award

I got a couple of awards this last week. Okay, okay. I got the same award a couple times this week. (That's almost the same thing, right?)


See the cute little Kreativ Blogger award? It almost looks like a sampler or something.

I'd like to thank my husband for his unfailing support, for the authors of Twitter for their examples, my friends and critique group, and, most especially Deborah of the Dragon Wrangler blog and Elana at Mindless Musings for giving the award to me. :)

Here's the low-down of what I'm supposed to do for this prestigious honor:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

And I try and teach my kidlets to follow the rules, so here goes...

1) Thanked.

2) Logo placed.

3) Linked.

5) 6) & 7) Will do.


And now the exciting part: 7 Things about myself people might find interesting... Hmmm.... And I'll try to keep it non-book related because you already hear all about me and my book addictions. Okay, here goes:

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #1.
I am a Morning Person to beat all Morning People. No matter how late I go to bed, I still wake up early. Unfortunately, I passed the morning person gene on to my kids. If they're still asleep at 8:30 we go check on them to make sure they're breathing. Last New Year's we stayed up until 1:00 a.m. and my kids were up (and *really* cranky) by 7:00. Just a warning, past 10:00 at night I'm not good for much (except maybe to laugh at as the synaptic pathways from my brain to my mouth get funky).

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #2.
I was run over by a car when I was 3 years old.

A car like this.
(And yes, I know some of you are thinking, That explains so much...)

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #3.
I used to have posters of Glam Rock bands all over my bedroom walls in high school.

(Oh, the hair! The glorious hair!) My husband still teases me about it. They inspired me to play the drums, although I never got really good. I was a killer tympani player, though.

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #4.
I graduated from college with a degree in Pre-Physical Therapy and a minor in Composite Dance. I tore my ACL during a Jazz Dance final in college, then went to a general practitioner who said I just "sprained" my knee and I tried to dance on it for another 2 years. Didn't go so well. The ACL is a main knee stabilizer and mine was gone, so you try going up on one leg in ballet without a stable knee. Yeah, it wasn't pretty. So I switched to Physical Therapy and knew within the first semester that I'd torn my ACL. Now I have cool scars from the surgery and am good as new, except for the one screw that has wound its way out a little and *kills* when wacked just right.

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #5.
I used to play tennis in high school and played League Tennis for the first couple years of college. I even placed in a few tournaments. But then came the ACL surgery mentioned in factoid #4, closely followed by the first of 3 babies and I haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things. (Ha ha.)

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #6.
I could easily get addicted to texting or Instant Messaging if I let myself. *beep* Oh, wait. I got a text. Hold on a minute...

Interesting factoid about Jaime you always wished you knew #7.
I don't like chocolate. *ducking and running* (I just shot up about 50 points on the "She's a freak!" factor, didn't I?)

Isn't your life complete now?

So I will pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to blogs that I like (and haven't already nominated before) ...

1. L.T. Elliot over on Dreams of Quill and Ink because she's the closest thing I have to a fan.
2. Julie Wright at Scattered Jules because she rocks.
3. J. Scott Savage on Find Your Magic for having some truly great posts.
4. Tristi Pinkston at her author blog because she juggles more blogs than anyone else I know.
5. Annette Lyon over at The Lyon's Tale because I love her Word Nerd Wednesdays.
6. Jody Hedlund at On The Path because I like her blog.
7. Jana over on The Meanest Mom *not that I think she'll be awed by the award, with her 1000+ followers, but because I just love her blog and want you to go read it.

2 comments:

ElanaJ said...

Who didn't have glam rock posters in their bedrooms, that's what I want to know. ;-) Congrats!

L.T. Elliot said...

I AM a fan! I real one! I promise! You really have no idea how wonderful you are, Jaime. You're an EXCELLENT writer and you're already changing lives. Soon enough, you'll have more fans then you'll know what to do with. (But I'll always be happy to say I started out early!)

Thank you for the beautiful award. I'm very grateful. I'll be sure to check out the other sites you've listed. =]

You rock, Jaime. Remember that.