Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alice in Wonderland - possibly more disturbed?

Have you heard of certain director named Tim Burton? You know, the Tim Burton of:

Beetlejuice

Edward Scissorhands


The Nightmare Before Christmas **Thank you for the clarification by Anonymous who obviously knows more than Wikipedia. (That'll teach me to only look on Wikipedia. Bad Jaime!). Tim Burton *did not* direct Nightmare Before Christmas. He was one of the writers. Henry Selick directed it. Sorry, Henry! I've been wrong for many years.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


Sweeney Todd, and other movies?

In case you haven't heard about his newest project, here's the teaser trailer. I'm not a big fan of the story, or necessarily Tim Burton's movies, but I'm definitely curious.


I wonder what some of my stories would be like in the hands of Tim Burton. Wow. At least I'd have a good chance of Johnny Depp being in it. :)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Disturbing is definitely a good word choice...my goodness.

L.T. Elliot said...

My friend is way psyched to see it. She loves Alice in Wonderland. I like Tim Burton's stuff (although I stayed the heck away from Sweeney Todd; read the play/story in school and it made me ill) but I'm curious about how this will work out.

ElanaJ said...

Yes, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp seem connected at the hip. And for the record, that movie looks creepy.

I did just watch Coraline, and I actually liked it. That's Tim Burton too, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Not to come off as rude, but Tim Burton did not actually direct The Nightmare Before Christmas and he definitely did not direct Coraline. Both movies were directed by Henry Selick, although The Nightmare was all Burton's idea and creation and Selick just brought it to life. Burton has no connection to Coraline though as much as the advertising for the movie played upon people's belief that he himself directed The Nightmare. In any case, Alice will be wonderful.