Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday #9




Um. Yeah. It's that time of the week again. While I have made progress as a human being, I'm afraid in my writing it can pretty much be summed up with the following picture montage:






ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

That last one may be a *smidge* melodramatic. Anyway, if you haven't guessed the last week has seen very little actual writing the rough draft progress. In fact, I've pretty much stopped because I need to think real hard about some of the basics of my story because it might be too similar to a TV series that I've never actually watched. So even though it may seem I'm copying, how can I if I've never seen it?!?! But no one will know that. Soooo.... now I need to try to come at it sideways and see what twists the story develops so it's not more of the same that's already been done.

And I've had family in town visiting, so the writing kind of goes back burner when that happens anyway. Hopefully I'll have a better report next week.

2 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

You are a writer, Jaime. Though I've only read the one book of yours, you have a gift.
Don't doubt you because it's the "you" behind the words that really helped me with that book. "You" are needed out there. Believe it.

I'm sorry about the wordcount. I hear you there. Today's a day of deep cleaning which means nothing except garbage bags, washrags, buckets, and soap. *Sigh* Can I make a story out of that? Oh yeah...it was called Cinderella.

Kimberly said...

Way to be human! Yay Jaime! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Seriously, if you reported stunning successes every week half of us would stop reading and possibly secretly hate you.

Okay, so it'd probably just be me that would be that petty, but still . . .