Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank You from the "Me Monster"

By it's very nature, blogging is a bit self-centered. This blog is all about me--my thoughts, my experiences, my books that I'm reading and writing, and even my silly cartoons and pictures. In real life we'd probably be annoyed to meet someone who talks about themselves all the time, but we flock to blogs from people who do just that. Brian Regan, one of my favorite comedians, calls this type of person the "Me Monster" (see video clip below).



So just a quickie post today to say Thank You from the "Me Monster" of this blog to all of you who come and read my ramblings. I love sharing thoughts, experiences, epiphanies, books, and things I find funny. It makes my day when I make sense and sometimes, maybe, perhaps, even help some of you. *Sniff*


One teeny-tiny question: what is your take on a blogger responding to comments by leaving their own comment? Do you guys ever go back to see if the blogger has written back to you?

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I do. But I think I'm in the minority. Though all tutorials on blogging say to respond because some do go back and look. James D. does and his commenters go back to see what he wrote.

Don said...

I go back, too. Sometimes, if I'm thinking (doesn't happen as often as I would like) I remember to click the "Email follow-up comments" checkbox. That's an especially nice feature.

Jenn Johansson said...

I go back sometimes, but I wouldn't say consistently. :)

By the way, I awarded your "Me Monster" some blog bling today. Come get it. :)

L.T. Elliot said...

Thank you for inviting us into your life! I truly enjoy visiting you.

As for the commenting, I used to respond to comments in my comment section and I used to go check other blogs for it but I started....following too many blogs. ;) So, now I prefer to respond via email through the blogger function in my profile. When I leave a comment, my name is attached to it and anyone can just click it and respond. When someone comments to me, I have those comments emailed to me and I can just hit reply (and vice versa when they have that same option chosen.) It's easy and takes less time. I also am able to continue a dialogue with some friends this way.
My advice, choose what works easiest with you with the least amount of guilt. =] Just know that I love hearing from ya!

Stephanie Faris said...

This has been the hardest thing about switching from MySpace to Blogger. On MySpace, you can reply to a comment right under it. So I could reply to each and every comment individually, or just whichever ones I wanted. Here, you can't do that. you have to do it as a comment. Do I check back? Sometimes...if I happen upon that blog again but usually I'm just looking for the next thing the person has written that I can comment on! Now...on literary agents' blogs I DEFINITELY check back. They never respond to me, though.

Kimberly said...

I never go back (too lazy). And when I answer comments I answer via email so it feels more personal.

Although, glancing at Deborah's post I have to admit I know that James often answers comments in his comments section so I do peek back there occasionally.

Glad you're finding this blogging thing somewhat fulfilling, because I always get a kick (and often inspiration) out of what you have to say.

Diony said...

Jaime I enjoy your blog, and yes occasionally I go back and read the comments. Happy Writing!