Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We have progress!

On the writing front I don't have a whole heckuva lot to report. I haven't gotten a lot more written since last week, but I've got some really good excuses. Honest!

The last few days my house has once again become *THE* party house for the neighborhood. Like 15 kids in and out, in my yard, needing attention kind of party house. I actually cultivate this attitude, figuring that at least I will know what my kids are doing and with whom. (Did I use that right? I'm not sure.) However, carving out time to write in the middle of spontaneous party-ville is a bit challenging.

The biggest reason for my lack of spectacular progress the last week is the Ragnar Relay. Friday and Saturday found me with my 11 other teammates (including my hubby who is an awesome runner) running through heat, the dark, and pouring rain, up and down four mountain passes and through several teeny towns for 27 1/2 hours on 1 hour of sleep.

I Twittered as we went, which was a lot of fun, too. By Monday morning I'd already been asked by 3 different people to be on a team for next year or the Las Vegas relay coming up in October. It was an amazing experience. An unforgettable adventure, really. I have some great lessons learned on that race that apply to life and writing that I'll be sharing soon.

I was so sore that I could hardly move. As in, people had to push me in and out of the car kind of hardly move. Then Sunday morning I discovered exactly how horrible you can feel if you don't hydrate well enough. Now my kids are groaning about the water Nazi mom I've become.

"Just be quiet and drink that water!"

I can now go up and down the stairs almost as quickly as normal. That's progress!

**NEWS FLASH**
I do have to report that I another agent requested my full manuscript. *Squeee!* *happy dance* This was from a query sent back in January, so it came as a surprise out of the blue.

Next week I hope to have loads of progress to share, but until then I better go see why the kids are screeching outside.

And drink more water! I mean it!

3 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

Hooray! You've packed a lot of good news into this post as well. Can't wait to hear what happens!

Kimberly said...

I could probably take something more poignant from this post, but really it just hits home that I have no excuse for not writing considering the surplus of spare time I have right now.

Umm...yeah...getting back to it now. Honest.

Congrats on the request!

Julie Wright said...

what are you doing reading my blog while I'm reading yours? :) Congrats on the other agent request. I am soooooo keeping my fingers crossed for you!