Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pandora, How Do I Love Thee?


Let me count the ways...

  1. N'Sync Station (for the kidlets)
  2. Backstreet Boys Station (kidlets again)
  3. Beatles Station (hubby)
  4. Def Leppard Station
  5. Depeche Mode Station
  6. Enya Station
  7. Funk Station
  8. Genesis Station (hubby)
  9. Kenny Loggins Station (totally hubby - ick)
  10. Madonna Station
  11. Muse Station
  12. Nickelback Station **my current favorite**
  13. Peter Gabriel Station *another of my favorites*
  14. Peter Murphy Station *another good one*
  15. Reminiscing Station (hubby's - another ick)
  16. Sleepthief Station *in my fav's*
  17. Steve Miller Band Station (hubby's again)
  18. Vertical Horizon Station
  19. Within Temptation Station

Pandora is a personalized internet radio service that helps you find new music based on music you already like. Users enter a song or artist that they enjoy, and the service responds by playing selections that are musically similar. Users provide feedback on approval or disapproval of individual songs, which Pandora takes into account for future selections. *Note: You can even move songs to different "stations" or mix it up.

Music is integral for my writing. The right music helps me get in the mood and the wrong music makes the writing process feel all clunky.

If you haven't tried Pandora, go check it out. I LOVE IT!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh how I'm writhing in jealousy. I had Pandora for a few precious months before they found out Canadian law doesn't permit. Whine whine. Pout pout.

ElanaJ said...

I adore Pandora. I have a "Maroon 5" station...le sigh. Love it.

And just so you know, I totally don't believe you when you say those stations are for your kidlets. I have a Jesse McCartney station that is ALL MINE! hahaha!

Lori-ann said...

Pandora might be shutting down because they're not able to afford the royalties to the artists. And they are having to be EXTREMELY picky with who they accept now too. *tear falls down cheek* So now a lot of us small, independent artists aren't able to make it because there isn't a big enough listening audience.

Yes, Pandora is cool. No, I don't listen to them anymore. My own personal way of boycotting! Of course it's a major goal of mine to actually have an album accepted on that station. Party at Lori-ann's house when that happens! That station is seriously one of the biggest ways for independent artists to be discovered.

L.T. Elliot said...

I adore Pandora! Oh delightful love of mine! She proffers music both new and delightful!

Chantele said...

Love Pandora!!