Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nothing says Mother's Day like battles in space

Thursday night my wonderful husband gave me my Mother's Day present early. He walked in the door with a huge smile and handed me two little pieces of multicolored paper:

Movie tickets to the new Star Trek movie!



I do believe I squealed and jumped up and down. (Does my darling know me or what?) And I guarantee he wouldn't have gotten that reaction with jewelry or flowers.

I know you're dying to know. How was the movie? One word:

AWESOME

Oh Great Big Globs of Romulon Red Matter was it awesome!

From start to finish. Good acting, great script, epic music, incredible effects. I think I've had enough space battles, explosions, and inside Trekkie jokes to last me until I go see it again. (And yes, I will. Right after Terminator: Salvation and Transformers 2 and G.I. Joe and Harry Potter and...and... and...)

If you're curious, here's a review of the movie which is more than one word.

Happy Mother's Day to me!!!

2 comments:

LexiconLuvr said...

We went to see this last night too. My husband was giddy with geekiness. I just smiled proudly at him all night.

Kimberly said...

I am suffering seriously in the wake of all the Star Trek fervor. Our local theatre isn't showing it! Oh the humanity!

Congrats to your husband on the perfect present. Flowers? Faugh!