Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Optimism is overrated

You know that earlier blog post about not giving up and being optimistic? Well, forget it!

I'm having a pity party.

Agent response from reading my full manuscript: "You’re a very strong writer and you have quite a commercial concept. That said, I just didn't connect with your manuscript to the extent that I need to in order to offer representation, so I'm going to have to pass. "

I'm going to pout for a few hours. Then I'll pull myself back together. But this pity party would be much more effective if I liked chocolate. Binging on baby carrots and yogurt just doesn't feel the same.

4 comments:

ElanaJ said...

Oh, so sorry! And yeah, binging and yogurt can hardly go in the same sentence. (lol)

I'm surprised you can get over this in a couple of hours. Seriously, I've received rejections like that and it takes me DAYS. Hang in there!

Deborah said...

SO sorry. Maybe you could eat a tub of vanilla ice cream if you don't like chocolate.

Don said...

Ouch! So close. We're pulling for ya.

Kimberly said...

Ouchie! I mean, yay on the pointing out of your good points but still, ouch!