Monday, April 27, 2009

Word of the Week #50

Wow! I can't believe I've done 50 of these. And just to let you know, I'm going to do my very best to post the Word of the Week every Monday. I went to a writer's conference over the weekend (more gushing about that soon) and feel energized and ready to go. It's almost like making New Year's Resolutions. And one of my post-conference resolutions is to be more regular with my blog. So expect WOTW every Monday. :)

schadenfreude - [shahd-n-froi-duh] - noun

Definition:
satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Usage:
One of the best things about the Storymaker's Writing Conference this last weekend was the absence of schadenfreude or negative competition; everyone there honestly wants to succeed together.

*loved it!*

3 comments:

LexiconLuvr said...

Jaime,

Thank you so much for everything you did this weekend. You worked your tail feathers off! Thank you so much for your book, also. I'm already into it and feeling so hopeful about my relationship with my lil' dude. I can't thank you enough for that.

All my best,

Laura T.

Julie Wright said...

AMEN sister! What a great conference!

Deborah said...

What a fantastic word. Wonder where you got it.

Try saying this one... stskinde: When a person has more guts than sense.