Saturday, February 21, 2009

A little note

Status: Icing my leg (a running boo boo)
What I'm listening to: "Without You" by Final Hour

I know it's been a few days since my last post and I thought it might be fun to share some "Notes" (almost like forwards in email that was so 2007). I have a lot of friends on Facebook and it seems all of them caught the "Note Rage" at the same time, so while I don't do all the Notes, there are a couple ones that I thought I'd share here, too. But for today, just one.

25 Random Things about me:

1. I don't like chocolate. (Don't hate me!)
2. I was tagged by 5 people for this game in 24 hours. I feel so popular! *sniff*
3. I am absolutely addicted to books. When I'm not in the middle of one (or two or three) I start prowling the house and getting "twitchy."
4. I can't sit on an unmade bed or bunched up blankets on a couch, etc. It drives me nuts.
5. I don't like most slow songs. There are some exceptions, but very few.
6. I'm a Trekkie - love the movie “First Contact” and adore “Galaxy Quest.”
7. I bawled uncontrollably when I watched “Sixth Sense” in the theater. (I can explain: I was pregnant and had a little boy at home.) It's one of my favorite movies.
8. I get up between 5:00-5:30 a.m. 4- 5 days a week to work out & am training for a half-marathon.
9. I really like Gothic Hard Rock/Metal (Evanescence, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, etc.).
10. I was a dance major in college until I blew out my knee. Then I went into Physical Therapy.
11. I think Orlando Bloom is super way cute. Esp. in Pirates of the Caribbean with his long hair.
12. Speaking of long hair, my bedroom used to be plastered in posters of long-haired glam bands (Bon Jovi, Cinderella, etc.). My husband still makes fun of me.
13. I love, love to play tennis and used to compete in tournaments. My highest ranking was #3 in my state in my division--but that was 3 kids and 1 knee surgery ago.
14. I want to have at least one bestseller in the next 10 years.
15. I still sleep with a stuffed animal I've had since I was 3.
16. My first kiss was on a trip to Mexico by a cute boy that didn't speak English. I was 15.
17. My first kiss with my husband evolved into a full-on make out session. The next day I asked him not to kiss me again. A month later, when I hinted around big time for us to kiss, he told me no and walked away. *Payback!* (He felt so proud of himself.)
18. In high school I dressed up, danced, and sang songs from “Grease” at an amusement park with my friends for the final scene of the soap opera we spent 2 years recording. *not a lot to do where I grew up*
19. I would rather write than watch TV.
20. My least favorite chore is cleaning the showers, with putting away leftovers coming in a close second (I am notoriously spatially-challenged).
21. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. twice this week in a panic that I had forgotten something important, only to realize that I still had time to get it done. So I’ve been up since 4:00 two days this week.
22. I love, love fresh salsa.
23. My comfortable temperature is about 80 degrees. Since most houses/businesses are not kept at that temperature, I’m usually cold. My nickname is “Coldilocks.”
24. I’m a compulsive email checker. I’m trying to internalize the fact that my self-worth is not tied to my inbox.
25. I love to watch stand up comedy with my husband. Brian Regan is my favorite.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Matthew Buckley said...

Galaxy Quest is one of my favorites.

Just introduced my kids to Star Trek tonight (The Trouble with Tribbles). They loved it.

Deborah said...

Does this come under 'too much information' or not enough?

teningo