Friday, January 23, 2009

Wahoo! We're having a bonfire!

Status: Opened email with trepidation. No new rejections yet today.
Song: "Unstoppable" by Kat Deluna

I just have to share the best thing I've heard in 24 hours. The suggestion comes from my fellow author and agent-hunting friend, Matthew Buckley, (who writes amusing kids books that you can find all about and even listen to the audio of his latest FREE - that's right, completely free - on his blog Chickens Don't Have Armpits). Anyway, as I griped and moaned yesterday about this whole process this was his advice:

Burn a little agent action figure in effigy. That is what I do.



What a *FABULOUS* idea! I was a bit of a pyro when younger (and no, I will not tell my children how WD-40 makes a truly marvelous blowtorch), and this is right up my alley.

So come on over everyone! We're having a FIRE tonight! And Matthew, you bring the facepaint so we can dance around the bonfire in Lord of the Flies abandon. Everyone's welcome!

*If you happen to be one of those agents I queried and you're doing a little research on me, you can come, too. For you, I'll even make S-mores.

4 comments:

Lori-ann said...

Oh.. my.. gosh... :) You are starting to have TOO much fun at this blogging thing! Too funny, Jaime.

Can I come and burn some nasty albums? Or how about I type out anything nasty anyone has ever said about my music and put in the pile to be burned? That might feel good.

Matthew Buckley said...

Face paint...check

WD40.....check

Lighter....check

Working out a little tension that only authors can fully appreciate...priceless.

Deborah said...

You know... I'd like to know little bit more about the WD 40.

Lori-ann said...

Don't spill the beans, Jame! What happens between siblings stays between siblings... especially when it was oh so long ago. ;)

Makes you scared thinking about what stupid things YOUR kids will be doing though, huh. Yeah...