Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Red-headed step blog & New Year's Resolve

Status: Full of all sorts of good intentions
Song: "Come All You Weary" by Thrice

As a parent I try hard not to play favorites between children, but I've realized that I'm actually guilty of it. Yes, for the last year I've played blog favorites, and unfortunately Bookmom Musings has played the role of the red-headed step blog.

I'm so sorry little blog! Please forgive me for neglecting you and posting boring blogs. *wipe a tear*

For this new year , I resolve to give this little blog the attention it is starving for, and therefore make things much more interesting for all my loyal readers (both of you).

To kick things off I'll share some of my other New Year's Resolutions. I know it's already 6 days into the new year, but in looking back on my journal entries last year, I didn't get around to making resolutions until sometime in February. So, you see, I'm already off to a better start. (Resolution #8: No procrastinating).

Here are a couple more resolutions for your reading pleasure. *Disclaimer: I will be sharing only a few resolutions here. And nothing too personal, like those saggy body parts I'll be whipping into shape at the gym, for example. Oops. I just did it. Darn!

1. I will get my stupid synopsis finished (this *will* happen this week)

2. I resolve to finish the rough draft of my next book. Now I just have to decide which one to do out of the dozen clamoring for attention in my brain.

3. I will not sit through another movie as bad as "The Day the World Stood Still." Oh, my goodness. You can anticipate a future post on that.

4. I will only check my email 5 times a day (unless I'm waiting for an email, then only 10 times. Or 15.)

5. I will overcome my blogging addiction.

6. I will make realistic goals. So scratch #5.

Okay. That's enough for now. All this resolve & determination is tiring. I feel like some tacos. After I check email real quick...

No comments: