Thursday, December 11, 2008

Word of the Week #32

Status: Been MIA, I know, but I can most assuredly say that, except for a couple more tweaks, I am finished with my latest book. Yea!! (After the tweaks I'll really celebrate - be ready)
Song: "Message in a Bottle" by The Police

This week's word of the week (4 days late) is just because it's fun to say:

lugubrious - [loo-goo-bree-uhs] - adjective

Definition: mournful, dismal, or gloomy, esp. in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner.

Usage: Eeyore and Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are beloved lugubrious characters.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Awww. You used my FAVORITE guys. (Wipe a tear)

tredis

Buyog said...

I learned this from Panic on Disney's Hercules... he called Hades "Your Lugubriousness," and I've never forgotten it.

See? You *can* learn something from Disney movies! ;)