Monday, May 12, 2008

Great minds think alike

One of the best parts of Mother's Day yesterday was not even a gift. After dinner at my in-laws, my father-in-law excitedly told me to take a look at the LDS Church News. The front page showed a photo of President Monson at the recent BYU Women's Conference and the main story was about his address to the 17,000 audience members. President Monson encouraged those attending the conference to find "joy in the journey," to enjoy today rather than just look forward to what might come tomorrow.

Hmmmm. That sounds really familiar. Can you say, my latest book?! **Jump up and down, squealing in excitement** How cool is that!

President Thomas S. Monson also said "First, each one of you is living a life filled with much to do. I plead with you not to let the important things in life pass you by, planning instead for that illusive and non-existent future day when you'll have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey — now." That last sentence is almost word for word like the back cover copy of Enjoying the Journey.

Great minds really do think alike! Yep. That's right. President Monson and I are on the same wavelength. Maybe he got the idea for his talk from my book.

You don't have to laugh. It could happen. Okay, Jaime. Reality check. That's hardly likely. Still, I'm just excited to be on the same wavelength in at least one thing.

Click here to read the entire article, or go to http://deseretnews.com/cn/view/1,1721,495007208,00.html.

So go enjoy today, everyone. President Monson and I say so!

No comments: